Saturday, April 15, 2006

'Tis the Season!

glitter graphics

HAPPY EARLY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a great week!

Last night Laura stayed the night and we had a great time just being goofballs and watching Sixteen Candles.

Today I felt really grown up...Mum and I went to walmart (of course) and when the lady was ringing us up, I saw that something rung up wrong and I normally would have just given my mum a weird look insinuating that it wasn't right, but today I spoke for myself and told the lady it was only supposed to cost $1. And ealier, we were looking at the movies and I heard someone talking to someone else saying something along the lines of, "There's this song that they play when people get kicked off of American Idol and I love it...But I don't know who sings it OR the name of the song, so I'm basically screwed." And I said to her, "That song. It's called "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter and his CD is right over there." And she was like, "OMG! GREAT!" and she went over and grabbed it. Hee hee! I felt great! I normally wouldn't have said anything at all...

I went to a new youth group on Wednesday! It was FABULOUS! You could FEEL the love for Jesus in the room!!!! OH MAN. I LOVED IT! And since it was the Wednesday before Easter, they played the crucifixion scene from The Passion Of The Christ and they had communion (I've never seen a youth group do communion....I've always seen it at church on Sundays. It was really cool) and the youth pastor talked more about Easter after the clip was over (The lights were off, except for the projection screen and everyone was kind of in a time of prayer during the whole thing) and alot of people were crying...And I started to tear up during the clip, but once Pastor Jason started speaking it really made me think about how my relationship with Jesus isn't as strong as I would like it to be and so I started to cry...And my dear friend Laura held me...And I felt like I had all the love in the world...First of all I have Jesus....An amazing mother....Friends that love me and that I love....And a great family....So later I was talking to Laura and we promised that we'd help each other read the Bible more and go to more Church things. I'm really really excited. I can not wait until next Wednesday.

So, I'm talking with my dear friend Elisabeth and our conversation made me wonder....If everyone could invite 3 people to dinner, dead or alive, who would you invite? Please answer in a comment!

I'm really excited for tomorrow...Mum and I are going to go to the same church as which I went to youth group this week...And then I think I'm going to suggest we watch The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe....It feels VERY appropriate.

Well, I think I'm going to call it a night.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND HAVE A MARVELOUS EASTER!!!

Infinite X's and O's,
Jennifer

P.S. Everyone should listen to "Saved" by Warren Barfield...It's a GREAT song....I HIGHLY recommend it. I haven't been able to stop singing it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn! I'm so glad that you had a good week! And I am so glad that you have found a great youth group that is meeting your needs spiritually! We love you and if you ever need prayer,we are here for you!!!!!

Leah said...

Easter is such an amazing time.

Invite only three people to dinner? Oh dear...

Leonardo da Vinci
Makoto Fujimura
Millie Duchow

...an odd mixture!
or maybe

Peter the Great
Thomas Jefferson
Montaigne

lol...that meal would be interesting...